Monday, February 6, 2012

quarter of a century

Incase you are reading these blogs for the first time, I've decided to go through some of my old posting from the shooting of OCTOBER BABY so I can share the experience with you here and now. Hopefully you'll be entertained or touched in some way. The following post was from Monday, September 13, 2010.


Maybe it was because it was my birthday, or it may have been many other things, but yesterday was a day laced with many unique memories for me. Since shooting with my on-screen father, John Schneider, began at midnight last night, I had to make sure I spent Sunday resting. I was thankfully able to spend most of the day sleeping, but the breaks in between when I was awake were truly special. I got to wake up to my birthday twice, which was cool.

The morning began with a delicious meal purchased, prepared, and cooked by people in the house, but mostly by the efforts of Colleen, my dear friend and co-star in the movie. She really went all out with eggs, bacon, sauteed sausage and ground beef, grilled chopped onions and peppers, fresh avocado, organic salsa, tortillas... it was all mouthwatering. When I wrapped at 5am the following morning (technically the day after my birthday), the entire terminal of cast, crew and extras at the Birmingham International Airport sang the birthday song while I stood there blushing and beaming.

Mom sent York Peppermint Patties from Dothan, my family members called and said they're "I love yous" and their "Happy Birthdays" and Elias sang his three-year old heart out in what I would consider the most adorable attempt at the Birthday song.

All I could think all day long is how I am truly a rich woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment