Monday, February 6, 2012

wet feet and 1:00 am giggles

I thought it would be fun to repost some of my writing from when we were shooting OCTOBER BABY in 2010.This is a post from Thursday, September 2.


Andy's words to describe the scenes we shot yesterday were, "have fun with it!" What a tremendous relief to have even just one day of laughing amidst all these days of where Hannah is carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders and in her face. We shot on a rooftop for the opening credit scene and I was literally on one of the tallest high-rises in downtown Birmingham. I could see the world in a 360 perspective and it blew my mind. They made sure to ask if I was squeamish about heights first, which I'm not at all, but what if I had been? I've seen folks crawl on all fours in fear of being only five stories high. It's funny. Yesterday, I really felt like I could fly.

For the other scenes, I needed to act immensely uncomfortable sleeping in a hotel room with a guy. Even though he was on the floor and I was in the bed and nothing was happening or going to happen, I played it up to be as awkward as it would be for any homeschooled conservative Christian in that situation. The shots were hilarious! Of all the footage we've got so far, that's the scene I want to watch.

Later on we had to be hosed down and dripping with water when we come into the hotel lobby directly from having jumped in the water at the beach. But since, we have no beach here in Birmingham, make-up and wardrobe had to fake it. Unfortunately, last night wasn't the warmest of nights so I may have caught a cold says my stuffy nose and drainage this morning.

The servanthood on this set is so humbling. I watch everyone hustle around and work hard (because shooting a film is hard work, for every single person involved) because they believe in what Andy and Jon are doing and want to be a part of it no matter what it takes.

It is an amazing gift to be here. To be doing this. I am in awe each morning of what I wake up to. While Gabriel and I have to unfortunately spend this time apart, I know he is my biggest fan from across the ocean. He leaves endearing messages on my voicemail about how I am his favorite actress and that he wants to stalk me. What an overwhelming gift to have him support me the way he does. Even though we're 6,000 miles apart, I feel him right here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment